Services During COVID-19
On July 29, 2020, Options of Linn County welcomed back the first group of clients since services were suspended by the Governor due to COVID-19. We are starting with 25 clients and the plan is to add 25 each month as long as we are able to maintain appropriate and safe social distancing. If needed, we will look at different scenarios that could include offering two sessions per day or rotating visits to two or three days per week to open up slots for others. We are working closely with Linn County Public Health and Linn County Risk Management to implement procedures to limit the potential for exposure. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 information as it changes and adjust our services as needed. The safety of the people we serve will always be our primary concern.
Please see the letter from Options Director, Jim Fox (PDF) for more details. Clients, families, providers and all stakeholders are encouraged to call or email us with questions or concerns.
We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time.
Options of Linn County provides Day Habilitation services to adults with disabilities as a department of Linn County Community Services. Options serves approximately 160 people annually in a LEED certified facility at 1240 26th Avenue Court SW in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Eligibility for Services
To be eligible for Options services, an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have at least one documented disabling condition, verified by a physician.
- Have third-party funding
- Regions in Iowa will pay for some services for people with disabilities. Other sources of funding are through Medicaid and its Home and Community Based Services waivers. Of those waivers, Options is certified for Intellectual Disability.
Referrals to Options are made by a variety of sources including:
- Linn County Community Services
- High Schools
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Residential providers
- Abbe Center for Community Mental Health
- Other public and private agencies.
For more information about service eligibility and the application process, call 319-892-5800 and ask for the Intake & Communications Coordinator.
How to Apply
- Request a Tour
- To schedule a tour, please call 892-5800 and ask for the Intake & Communications Coordinator.
- Complete Application Materials
The Pipeline is our newsletter communication to consumers, families and friends. See the current and past issues below.