The public health of our community is of the utmost importance that is why the Wickiup Hill Learning Center is currently closed to the public. However, it is important that we maintain a high level of service while keeping staff and customers safe. As always, you may contact our office at 319-892-6450 Monday – Friday. Phones will be answered from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the building closure.
We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time and we thank all of Linn County for your continued support.
For the health and safety of the public in reducing the spread of COVID-19, Linn County Conservation is temporarily closing its playgrounds and nature playscape. These include the playgrounds located at Buffalo Creek Park, Morgan Creek Park, Pinicon Ridge Park, and Squaw Creek Park. The Wickiup Wandering Woods nature playscape at the Wickiup Hill Learning Center is also closed. Other outdoor park areas remain open at this time.
Linn County Conservation is asking the community to maintain social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and other patrons. Avoid areas if becoming crowded. Also, continue to wash hands with soap and sanitizer. Linn County Conservation has a long standing carry in-carry out policy, so please take with you any trash that is brought into our areas.
To preserve and protect natural and cultural resources and to improve community through access to parks, trails, open spaces and recreational and educational opportunities that are managed sustainably for the present and future.
- Manages and maintains 28 areas in Linn County, which include parks, preserves, trails, and natural areas
- Provides conservation education programming, both on and off site
- Provides spaces for outdoor recreation and equipment rental
- Oversees park facility rentals
- Manages natural resources within the county, including pollinator prairie planting, prescribed burning, invasive species control and wildlife food plots on county public land.
- Administers the Linn County Water and Land Legacy Bonds
Additional information about Linn County Conservation can be found at LinnCountyParks.com.
Linn County Conservation has closed outdoor restrooms temporarily in response to COVID-19
Linn County Conservation playgrounds closed temporarily in response to COVID-19
Wickiup Hill Learning Center is closed, other measures taking place. Read on...