November 5, 2019: School & City Elections
In 2018, Iowa Legislature combined school and city elections. There will no longer be a separate school board election held in the month of September. With this change, voters will use their general election poll locations. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Items of Interest:
- Pre-registration ends Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- July 8, 2019 is the first day our office can accept an Absentee ballot request form (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) must be received in the office by Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- In-person absentee voting will begin on Monday, October 7 and continue through Monday, November 4 until 5 p.m.
- On election day, voters will need to vote at their general election poll location. Find your polling location at www.linncountyelections.org/lookup.
- Sample ballots will be available the first part of October.
- City and School Candidate List
Election Night Reporting:
- Election results will start roughly at 8:20 p.m. on election day once results are delivered from precinct. Precincts close at 8 p.m.
- Unofficial Election Summary Report - All Races
- Unofficial Election Summary Report - City Races
- Unofficial Election Summary Report - School Board Races
- Unofficial Precinct Report - All Races
- Precinct Reporting Map
General Information About:
Download an absentee ballot request form (PDF) and mail to:
Linn County Elections
935 Second St. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
The first day our office can accept an absentee ballot request form (PDF) is Monday, July 8, 2019.
The last day our office can receive an absentee ballot request form (PDF) is Friday, October 25, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Ballots mailed back to our office must be postmarked by November 4, 2019 in order to have the ballot counted. Voters may request a postmark at the Post Office.
In-person absentee voting will begin in our office on Monday, October 7 and will run through Monday, November 4, Monday through Friday.
Election Services is located at 935 2nd Street SW in Cedar Rapids.
Office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The deadline to request a satellite is Monday, October 7, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Requesting a satellite can be accomplished by gathering 100 signature on a petition form requesting a satellite at a location described on the petition form.
Marion Public Library located at 1095 6th Ave in Marion will host the following voting opportunities:
- Saturday, October 26: 12 - 5 p.m.
- Monday, October 28 - Wednesday, October 30 3 - 8 p.m.