The public health of our community is of the utmost importance- that is why the Assessor’s Office is currently closed to the public. However, it is important that we maintain a high level of service while keeping staff and customers safe. As always, you may contact our office at 319-892-5220 Monday – Friday. Phones will be answered from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the building closure.
We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time and we thank all of Linn County for your continued support.
Assessor Services during COVID-19
- While the building is closed to public, County Assessor staff is available by phone and email
- Applications are being accepted by mail, email, and via the white drop box in front of the Public Service Center
- Applications for credits and exemptions are available here
- 2020 Assessment Notices were mailed March 30th
- The deadline for submitting petitions to the Board of Review has been extended to June 5th due to the Disaster Declaration made for Iowa
- The Board of Review will meet on May 1, 2020. View the agenda here
The Linn County Assessor’s Office assesses real property in Linn County, Iowa with the exception of property in Cedar Rapids. The effective date of assessment is January 1 of each year.
- Assess all real property within Linn County, including Residential, Multi-Residential, Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial (except property in Cedar Rapids)
- Assess property for tax purposes
- Administer property tax credits and exemptions
Popular Assessor Services
- Real Estate Website
- Homestead/Military Application Forms Request (PDF)
- Business Property Tax Credit Application (PDF)
- Property Tax Estimator
- Land Records Search