|Department: Engineering & Secondary Road Department|
Posted: 8/19/2004 2:52:00 PM
What type of dust control is available?
Chloride, MC-70 and Seal Coat are your dust control options. Please contact the Engineering and Secondary Road office at 319-892-6400 for more information.
- May be applied 2 times/year
- Sprayed in liquid form
- Normal maintenance to road by county maintainer after applied
- Works by drawing water from the air, thus maintaining some effectiveness in dry weather.
- Water soluble
- Single application
- Sprayed on rock surface
- Light layer of sand applied to allow traffic to use road immediately and blot excess oil
- May last multiple years if maintained well by owner. Factors affecting performance are traffic, weather, owner care and base stability.
- Patching is the responsibility of the owner and must be done through the permit process which allows access to patch material at our shop locations at no additional cost
- Asphalt slurry and rock chips placed on a prepared base and then rolled
- Care of seal coat is responsibility of permit holder.
- Average life 2-6 years if properly cared for and placed over a solid base and multiple applications
- Patching needs to be done through the permit process which allows access to patch material at shops
|« GO BACK|
| Print this item Email this to a friend|