Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Linn County Public Health has been notified that remnants of methamphetamine (also called meth, crystal, chalk, and ice, among other terms) were found in a fast food restaurant in Cedar Rapids. The Cedar Rapids Police Department responded to a call on Aug 4, 2015 at the Taco Bell located at 2621 Blairs Ferry Rd NE in Cedar Rapids. Currently, the Taco Bell location is closed and will remain closed until it has been evaluated and decontaminated by professional environmental experts. The restaurant will reopen after it has been inspected and approved for operation by Linn County Public Health. “At this time there is no evidence that there is a health risk to the public” said Pramod Dwivedi, Health Director. “If during the course of the investigation new information is obtained, Linn County Public Health will inform the public as quickly as possible of any possible health hazards.” In general, exposure to meth making process (meth lab) can be dangerous because of the toxic chemicals used to make the drug. Harmful fumes and highly explosive chemicals pose the biggest risk to the person who is actively making the meth. No one should re-enter the location until cleanup has occurred. Exposure to meth may cause eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, and breathing difficulties. The potential health effects of methamphetamine exposure depend on: •The specific chemicals •The amount of chemicals •Duration of exposure •Preexisting health conditions Contact law enforcement immediately if you discover a meth lab in your area.