- Free sexually transmitted disease exam and testing for those who qualify. Testing is available by appointment.
- Free Condoms
- Free childhood immunizations to children who qualify.
- Adult immunizations for a fee.
- Offers certain immunizations and medications recommended for some international travel and provides pre-travel health advice.
- HIV Antibody Testing and Counseling Clinics offer free confidential testing and counseling for at-risk individuals.
- We have two Certified Application Counselors who provide community members with assistance in making informed decisions in applying for health insurance.
- Provides medical case management for families and close contacts of persons with tuberculosis.
- Evaluates reported communicable diseases to determine the risk to the public health and to minimize the spread of the disease.
- Notifies persons suspected to be in contact with reportable communicable diseases.
- Investigates food-borne and water-borne illness complaints received by the department.
Chronic Disease Management
Yellow Fever Vaccine Shortage
There is currently a worldwide shortage of yellow fever vaccine. Stamaril, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur in France, is a live, attenuated yellow fever vaccine that is investigational/unlicensed in the US, but it is registered and currently distributed in over 70 countries. Only three sites in Iowa have been granted access to this vaccine. If you are in need of a yellow fever vaccination, please contact the following clinics.
McFarland Clinic PC
3600 West Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50010
Travel Well LLC Dba Passport Health
2435 Kimberly Rd, Suite 140s
Bettendorf, IA 52722
Polk County Health Department
Des Moines, IA 50314
CDC STD Fact Sheets
Iowa Care For Yourself Program - Breast & Cervical Cancer
Iowa Get Screened - Colorectal Cancer Program
Diseases and Conditions
Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Navigating the Affordable Healthcare Act in Linn County
Residential Medical Sharps Disposal in Linn County
501 13th St NW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.