The Civil Division is responsible for serving various legal notices, including original notices, subpoenas, garnishments, writs, and court orders.
During FY16, Civil Division deputies:
• Received 17,867 documents
• Served 16,085 of those documents
• Were unable to serve 1,782 documents after service attempts
• Had a service rate of 90%
• The average service per civil deputy was 2,978 for the year
Included in these services were 256 special executions for selling property (foreclosures). Conducted 15 Condemnation hearings.