Ryan White Medical Case Management
Newly diagnosed or looking for HIV/AIDS information, resources, or services? The Linn County Ryan White Program offers confidential services to anyone in Iowa living with HIV/AIDS. Services are free of charge, regardless of income and/or financial resources.
The Ryan White program offers:
- Assistance with obtaining prescriptions / medical insurance
- Options counseling
- Medical case management
- Public benefit counseling (including Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability Benefits, Medicaid for Employed People with Disabilities, Food Assistance, etc.).
- Referrals for services
- Resource information
Medical Case Management
Medical case managers provide professional, on-going and confidential support to help individuals obtain and maintain:
- Appropriate medical care
- Federal, state, and local benefit programs
- Housing assistance
- Proper nutrition
AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
Can't afford your medications? The ADAP may be able to help you obtain needed medications or maintain your prescription insurance if you qualify.
Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
A Housing and Urban Development program is available for short-term and long-term rental or mortgage assistance for those who qualify.
Other prescription assistance and housing programs may be available.
Connect to Services
Contact the Ryan White Program at 319-892-5770 or by email to get connected to the services and resources offered or for more information about the program.
Did you know?
- Every 9 ½ minutes, someone is diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.
- People diagnosed with HIV/AIDS are living quality lives for much longer with proper medical treatment, appropriate medications
andhealthy living. Early diagnosis and treatment are key.
- What is U=U? Undetectable = Untransmittable. If you take your ART medication daily as prescribed and maintain an undetectable viral load, the CDC reports you
haveeffectively no risk of transmitting HIV.